Sunday, May 9, 2010

3 months ago...

I jumped on a piece of glass. It has been quite the road to recovery but starting tomorrow I get to rejoin the exercising world. I am pretty sure I have never taken three months off. I am sure there are reasons it was good for me but it was also a huge challenge to keep myself pretty much sedentary for 12 weeks. A huge thank you to Scott for making me stay put and not doing too much too soon. Now, a little over three months to the wedding...time to kick it into high gear! Bar Method and 1/2 Marathon training here I come!

Of course, it wouldn't be my blog without a much overdue recap.

Last weekend we spent the entire weekend soaking up the rarely seen sun! It was a gorgeous weekend and we ended up with sunburns to show for our time outside.
Saturday-Giants day game! Apparently we stayed a little too long after the game because when we went to get the car we found this...
Where did everyone go?!
One guess where this is...
Ahhhhh, bubbles in the sun!

We got back to the city around 5 and realized it would be easy peasy to get into A16 that early!
Best. Pizza. Ever.
Oh, and the wine isn't too shabby either.

The work week began again and got off to a bang...literally.

After happy hour with Michelle we were waiting for the car in the garage when we heard an accident. Yep, someone hit Scott's parked car. To add a little excitement to the whole incident the driver and his girlfriend were from Switzerland, driving a rental car. A little challenge when trying to figure out how to swap insurance.

The rest of my week was spent working in Monterey and I will save all of the shenanigans that happened there for another post. Let's just say some people in Monterey are cut from a special mold!

This weekend we packed up Lola and headed down to Cupertino for Mother's Day at Renee's house. It was another beautiful day and it was wonderful to see everyone. It is so crazy that we all live within an hour of one another but somehow life always gets to busy and we don't get to see each other enough!

After a wonderful visit, Aimee and Andrea invited us over for a TREMENDOUS gourmet dinner. Andrea is a chef at Piatti and hails from Italy. Quite the recipe for a great meal. Oh, AND they paired each course with a delicious wine.

Andrea in the kitchen hard at work.
Andrea's 5 year old daughter, Maya. She is going to be a heartbreaker!
Scott and I in between courses.
Scott has always told me kids are fascinated by his chin and always wonder what happened or what is wrong with it. Well, I saw it in action. Here, Maya is trying to fix it :)
Some cotton and tape should do the trick (we avoided the honey suggestion)
Quail leg and risotto. Can't say I have ever had quail leg but it was delicious! And the risotto...no words.
Wild asparagus
I am pretty sure I had three helpings of this pasta!
Cheesecake? Nope! This is a side for our last course. It is cheese though!
mmmmmmm......
Scott trying out to be the sous chef. Hopefully he is hired for next week :)

Yes, you heard right. We are doing it all again in San Francisco next weekend. I could get used to this!

And there you have it. All caught up. I herby declare tomorrow the first day of bridal bootcamp. Wedding dress shape here I come! I'll keep you posted on the progress...

Have a great week!

No comments: