Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cardigans, Pearls, and Boat Shoes

What a weekend it has been!

We kicked it off by heading to a wine bar close to home on Friday night called Heart. I learned about it from an article that made its way around the office last week. It was a different take on the normal snobbery that accompanies many wine bars and of course it was great that it was within walking distance! We finished off the night with some gourmet dinner at Papalote. Watch out Chipotle, I might have found a new favorite (albeit, I am capable of making healthier choices at Chipotle).
Heart
They serve the wine in mason jars. It still tastes just as yummy!
Awwww, I love him!
A sample of how they describe their wines
They are also an art dealer. Not sure I will be looking to hang this piece in the house any time soon.

Sorry, no pictures of Papalote-I was too busy stuffing my face!

Saturday we put on our fancy fashions and headed up to Napa (the fog has officially settled in for the summer here in the city so we must find our sun elsewhere). Kristina and Nick decided it would be fun to take a cue from the East Coast fashion world (think Nantucket, Cape Cod) so of course we played along. Given more notice I think we could have done better but we got plenty of stares and laughs as it was. Agenda for the day...Gloria Ferrer, lunch at the Rutherford Grill, Nickel & Nickel, and A16.
Kristina and Nick at the grill.
Whew, there is a lot of color happening here. We decided Scott's attire could best be described as salmon on sorbet.
This could definitely be possible at some point in our lives!
Please note their popped collars.
What a good looking group :)
2009 Cab Futures
I was a bit worried my teeth were going to be purple forever!
Loving A16!
The end of the shenanigans. What a great day.

Tonight, we have another dinner to celebrate my cousin Andrew's graduate school graduation. The wedding diet starts...soon! Although Bar Method is pretty much the most terrific thing ever and I am not too worried about my wedding shape. Bar Method combined with half marathon training should have me fit in plenty of time. Here's hoping anyway!

No comments: