Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cracked black pepper
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook 6 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, cream cheese, and salt, stirring with a whisk until cheeses melt. Toss sauce with hot pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and chopped parsley. Garnish with black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
- We watched every golfer tee off from number three...they are all so lean! It is true the camera adds 10 lbs. These guys are rails!
- One exception to that...Tiger. He is actually quite tall and solid! Wouldn't have guessed.
- It was COLD! Of course, being prepared, I brought along some mittens. We grabbed a couple of beers and Scott quickly realized that this was not helping his cold hands get warm! So, what else would I do...give him a mitten. People found this very funny and we got a ton of comments, "is that a pair of mittens?", "how funny...beer mittens!", to Scott "is that a ladies mitten?".
- We watched Tiger put on his wind pants and guess what? He puts his pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us!
- We saw Michael Jordan driving around the course in his golf cart.
- Scott shook Condoleezza Rice's hand.
- Todd White. NBC superstar volunteer. We got to do a little yelling from the stands for our own celebrity on the course!
- When the tournament ended we began looking for a cab to get home. Well, that didn't go so well and we ended up walking around two miles before finally walking into a bar and asking them to call one.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
- We babysat Kayla and Tanner from 2-midnight last weekend. It really was pretty painless, however, 2 under 2 is not in the cards for this couple (or their dog).
- I actually have a real.live.job possibility. Not sharing details just yet. While getting back into the workforce would be nice (and of course the accompanying salary), it will be pretty devastating for awhile not walking into work to giggles and, "hi...mine" (not to mention their adorable faces).
- In addition to missing the kids and Chrissie, I won't get to take little field trips around the city on a regular basis. Last week we visited the seals at Pier 39, Hard Rock Cafe (bad food), and the Aquarium.
- We tried to see Lyle Lovett in Golden Gate Park but parking was a nightmare so we gave up and listened to him on the iPod over dinner instead (bet you can't guess who we dined with?!)
- Scott surprised me with a YUMMY dinner at Terzo.
- My ring had to go get resized. I still panic at least once a day that I lost it.
- And, finally, we did the Bridge to Bridge run. Note for next year...taking a month off running and then jumping into a race might not be the grandest of all plans.