Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm still here!

Apparently working full time leaves a bit less time for blogging. That and 4 holiday events within 6 days. And my final excuse...when I have spare time I enjoy spending it with Scott instead of having a computer in my lap! I think he misses the blog too though...

All that aside...I am here and I have survived seven days of real work! So far, so good. I am really enjoying being back in the working world although it is definitely an adjustment. I find myself telling stories about Kayla and Tanner on a regular basis and wondering what they are up to. Maybe I will put pictures of them on my desk just to really confuse my new colleagues!

But seriously, I really am loving my new job, office, and co-workers. Advertising is definitely a different beast than PR but I am really enjoying learning all of the new processes and "lingo". Although I was an ad major, it is very different being in the day to day as opposed to reading about it. Then again, if I started a new job in PR there would still probably be a new learning curve. Different places, different ways of doing things.

So, I mentioned 4 holiday events:
Saturday (the 6th)-Scott work party #1
Tuesday-Scott work party #2
Thursday-My work party
Friday-Christmas celebration with the Strand fam

This led to doing absolutely NOTHING this past weekend. I have no updates...we holed up in the house and enjoyed the rainy weekend watching movies and just relaxing. I know, great update after my absence. Don't worry...one right away to hopefully make up for it.

But, there is one picture to share!
We had a little trouble getting a good one! We had a lot of laughs and fun at all of our events and I think this captures it!

One last note. I looked back to my first blog post. December 9, 2008. I have been blogging for over a year! Fun looking back on last holiday season and the last time I worked!!

No comments: