Sunday, January 24, 2010

Apparently I Needed a Resolution

I probably should have resolved to be a better blogger. I am just finding that with work and jam packed weekends my motivation to sit down with a computer in my spare time is just not there.

But, here I am! Let's catch up...

First, my wedding dress came in!! WOO HOO. No, you will not be seeing any pictures but I can tell you that is fabulous and I am obsessed with it and it is a good thing that it is staying at the dress shop or I would probably have it on right now just for fun! August 28th can't get here soon enough (not just because I am excited to wear my dress!).

Last weekend we celebrated Tanner's baptism and Kayla's second birthday. It was great to spend time with family and friends for both occasions.
The Strand Fam
Tanner was psyched about officially becoming a Catholic!
Kayla showing Kyle her bowling skills at her party.
Happy Birthday to Kayla!
All that baptizing can take it out of a little guy.
Of course with a birthday comes presents! I decided I would volunteer to put up the Dora tent. I now feel for my dad assembling my Barbie Dream House on Christmas Eve!
But it was all worth it when we climbed in with our doggies!
Gab and I relaxing after a busy day.

This week I took my first trip to Monterey for a night for work. It was a gloomy week (I am still contemplating building an ark and starting a collection of two of each animal) and the bad weather carried down south as well so I didn't really get to experience all the greatness that the area holds. But, I can definitely see the charm so I guess I will just have to make a return trip!!

This weekend we were supposed to head up to Twain Harte but Scott's mom was sick so we ended spending a weekend in the city. No complaints here. After the craziness that this week held I was ready for a little R&R. But, do we ever truly rest? NOPE! We ran on Crissy Field, shopped on Chestnut, cleaned the house like crazy people, and ventured out to try a new restaurant in the city.

Our first stop was District. District is a great wine bar with a lot of charm and of course great wine and apps!

After a little pre dinner fun we headed to COCO500 for dinner. It was a first time visit for both of us.
Scott showing off the table tent that was on our table when we got there.
A few notes...1-Still need to get that tan because I look like a beige nightmare (I mean really, my hair, face, arms and dress all match the wall!), 2-My hair is starting to pass the awkward growing out stage but I am still fighting the urge to chop it all off, 3-My wine is from Greece! Just warming up for the honeymoon!

COCO500 was good, but not great. It has not surpassed The House or Terzo on our list of favorites. That said, the food was delicious and there isn't really anything to complain about. If I was handing out stars I would give it 6.5 out of ten. The service left a little something to be desired or I might have given it 7. If you ever go...get the flatbread! YUMMY!

Up on the agenda this week...work, meeting with a florist, and PAIGE COMES TO VISIT ON FRIDAY!!! It's been over a year since I have seen her and I get to finally meet Lily. So excited!

I will try and blog sooner than later this time. Thanks for reading!

No comments: