Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

It is pretty sad that it has taken me until the 7th to post in the new year. But, I'm still here!

The past two years I have made some pretty big resolutions:
2008-Complete a Half Ironman-CHECK
2009-Quite biting my nails-CHECK

This year I haven't really come up with anything. I am really happy with where I am in my life and I just don't have a lot that I feel I need a resolution to accomplish. This year holds a lot...most importantly, our wedding. Of course, like every bride, I want to be in great shape and shock Scott walking down the aisle. But that is all just par for the course.

So, with no major resolution I have simply started my road back to fitness. Three weeks of eating, drinking, and enjoying the holidays is not exactly great on the ole bod! So, we have signed up for a 10K in April and another half marathon in July. I don't really consider this a resolution because exercise and races have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember (Although a Half Ironman does count because it was so far beyond my comfort zone and took a great deal of physical, emotional, financial, and general commitment...my life was triathlon for 10 months). This year, it is just a matter of resetting priorities...less crap, more moving!

Whew, I will step off my soap box now and share the end of 2009 with you. We were planning a low key night of cooking, card games, and movie watching, but Crick and Kyle and were kind enough to let us crash their New Years plans and we all headed out for a fun night!

Me, Kayla, Tanner and Scott checking out Duncan St. on New Year's Eve Day.
We decided to make the smart choice and opt for public transportation for the night!
My date. Forever. I am one lucky woman.
Mom this one is for you, from Chrissie. She insisted I take a picture of the wreaths on Macy's to show you :-)
Thanks for a great night you two!
Cousins!
Crick stole my date!
Don't worry, I lured him back!
We dined at Farallon Restaurant. Turns out we were still eating when midnight hit so we put on our party hats and rang in 2010!

After a nice, safe, crowded J ride home we crashed. It was a great way to send out a great year and I look forward to another in 2010!

After a final evaluation of pictures from the night, I have decided on a New Year's resolution...GET A TAN!

I will leave you with a video...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the end of the video! :)
Happy New Year to you two!