Sunday, April 11, 2010

More catching up

Ok, we have to go back a bit to catch up. The week following my shower was Kristina's birthday and what better way to celebrate than a trip to A16. One note about A16...I just found out that this is named for a highway that runs through Naples, Italy. Their food and wine list are inspired by this region that we just so happen to be visiting! Very exciting and a very good excuse to make more frequent visits to one of our favorites!
The following weekend we made a successful journey to Twain Harte to celebrate Easter. The weather wasn't great so we spent our time snuggled up in the house. I took the opportunity to do something I haven't done in ages...a puzzle! I think puzzles are fabulous and it was fun to try and complete a 750 piecer in one night.
Success!

This past week we joined the Strand fam for dinner and fun. Kayla wanted to start a baseball team but I am not sure any of us were interested in the uniform requirements.

She might be turning into a bit of a ham! She put on her glasses so she could "see better", packed up her back pack, dog, and puffs and was off (around the house anyway)!

Friday we took the day off for Giants Opening Day! My new mission is to try and bring a little Cardinal enthusiasm to the Giants ballpark!! Just need a bit more pep SF fans! We lucked out with a GORGEOUS day. Sunburns might have even been had :).
Tommy, Scott, Aaron, and Cru
Me, Scott and Kristina

Saturday we got a call from the Strand Fam wondering if we would like to go for a train ride. Of course we do! We all hopped on the choo choo for a ride down to the Ferry Building.
Kayla and her train whistle
"Please, no pictures"

I can honestly say I didn't know riding a train could be so much fun. Watching two little ones take in the new experience makes it a very different ride.

After some lunch at the Ferry Building and a train ride home we bid the Strand Fam adieu and settled in for a quiet night together complete with lasagna and Mad Men. A perfect night with my little family!

Sorry for the warp speed catch up...I will try and stay on top of my posts moving forward so they are a bit more detailed!

No comments: