Monday, June 14, 2010

I should be fired

I am a terrible blogger. Frankly, I am just plain exhausted and all of the craziness the past couple of weeks has landed me on the couch today. I think I need about 48 hours of sleep to feel normal again. Luckily we have a week "off". We, meaning me and Scott, and "off" meaning no visitors, dinners, day trips, Giants games, etc... Don't get me wrong, I love all of the previously mentioned things but sometimes you just need a weekend to reboot!

Memorial Day we headed off to the Giants game with Kristina and Nick. We got some incredible seats thanks to them!
The dugout from out seats.
The Panda!
Timmy
My favorite Giant, LOU SEAL!

The shenanigans continued the weekend of the 5th. Scott had what I termed a "faux bachelor party". Steve, Todd and Chris drove up from SoCal to take Scott out for the night. They let me join them for happy hour on Friday and then I sent them off to the Marina. Based on the remnants in the house on Saturday morning (mainly the half eaten pizza and all of the toppings in the bottom of the oven), I'd say they had a good time.

The pictures taken were less than impressive (no one is ever looking at the camera) but here are the visitors walking down Chestnut.

Saturday we headed up the street for some breakfast at Chloe's. And so commenced the eating and drinking extravaganza of the past week (for me anyway). The city has been having some GORGEOUS weather the past two weekends so we ended up sitting outside and having some mimosas while soaking up the sun. We bid Chris and Todd farewell as they were headed home and then lunch time rolled around. PAPALOTE!! So yummy. Following a nap, we went out for drinks and dinner at Heart and Beretta.

Sunday, it was all about Steve! Only kidding, but I did promise him a lasagna for dinner which I delivered. (The photo below is not my lasagna but you get the idea). I think I'll include a recipe for you today...

I make my lasgana a little different each time. There isn't really any measuring, I just cook as much as I think I need to fill whatever pan I am going to cook it in.

Ingredients:
Classico Pasta Sauce (this time I used a combo of Spicy Tomato Basil and regular Tomato Basil)
Jennie O Hot Lean Italian Turkey Sausage
Lasagna noodles (9)
Ricotta Cheese-the leanest I could find
Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
Onion
Garlic


Begin by boiling water and cooking noodles. Meanwhile, remove the sausage from its casing and brown the meat with the onions and garlic. Drain grease/water. Add pasta sauce and simmer. I like to add a little garlic salt and pepper from time to time. Once the noodles and meat are finished you can begin putting it together.

Preheat oven to 350. Lay three lasagna noodles on the bottom of greased baking pan. Add a layer of the meat sauce, then ricotta, followed by mozzarella. Repeat until you have a total of three layers. Cook 30-45 minutes...until sides begin to bubble and top is slightly browned.

**when I make this for just Scott and I using an 8" square pan, one package of sausage, a little more than one jar of sauce, one container of ricotta, and one bag of mozzarella usually is enough.

No comments: