Monday, January 10, 2011

DIY?

As I mentioned, one of my goals for 2011 is to take on a startling number of DIY projects.  I have yet to actually start one of these projects yet but I am thinking Sunday is my day :-).


This weekend, Scott and I did the exact opposite and went out and bought new items that required zero assembly (unless you count putting a duvet cover on a comforter).  


Lucky for us, we still had a nice stack of gift cards left over from the wedding that we hadn't determined exactly how we wanted to use.  Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel solved that problem for us a bit too quickly!  


INTRODUCING....drum roll please...


The New Retchless Couch:
First couch we sat on and were sold on the spot.  Seriously, we may never leave our living room ever again (well, once it is delivered)
I was hoping to give you an idea of just how deep this couch is with this picture.  Without the back cushions it is probably as wide (if not wider) than a twin bed.  Perfect for house guests!




and the New Retchless Bedding:
1.  It immediately reminded me of a wedding dress which, as a woman, of course I love, 2.  All white with 2 dogs...thank God for bleach, 3. We stuffed two down comforters in this puppy so it is a fluffy paradise!




Of course now I have a very serious problem on my hands because now there are two home decorating monsters living under one roof and both are terribly impatient!  Scott and I have a laundry list of items we want to change, swap, redo, and buy new.  Not really sure what happened with the turning of a new year but we are out to make our house pretty spectacular if I do say so myself.  


I'll work on putting together a list, complete with pictures, of all that we hope to accomplish to make our house just the way we want (well, as much as we can as renters).  

No comments: