Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Last night I drank a farewell toast to something that I love.  For lent this year I have taken on the challenge of giving up drinking.  Last night I said a long goodbye to the stemware, beer bottles, and cocktail glasses and all the goodies that fill them.  


If you have read this blog even once you are probably well aware of my obsession with wine and how it is pretty much a part of all of social activities.  In fact, at my bridal shower the comment was made, "do you have any pictures of you without a drink in your hand?".  That probably should have been a clue to put the drinks down (not all together but before taking a photo)!  


I am not giving it up because I think I have a problem, but purely as the ultimate challenge.  I enjoy a glass of wine each night and a couple extra on the weekend.  A pretty normal consumption habit if you ask me.  


This will definitely be a challenge, especially when it comes to trips to Napa, St. Patrick's Day, Giants Games, etc...  Right, any of the aforementioned social events!


I'll be sure to keep you updated on my progress.  Could be an interesting ride! 

No comments: