Wednesday, February 13, 2013

what i'm loving.

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I would share some things I am loving right now.

Lunch dates with my boys - I love special days when we get to go meet Scott for lunch. This week we got Noah's first sushi AND a little time to spend running around Scott's office (Noah even managed to score a chocolate covered pretzel from a passerby in the hall).
The restaurant brought Noah his own special plate. Of course, all he wanted was ours.
My new curling iron - I am pretty sure Scott gets to hear about my love for my curling iron at least once a week. I didn't know what a difference a good (and, bonus, reasonably priced at $30) iron can make!
Hot Tools, set on HOT!
My hair never curled like this before!
My Patagonia fleece (seen above) - There might be an intervention soon. I wear this constantly. It is a great weight and seriously comfortable.

Goldendoodles - Yes, I have the doggy itch. Not fleas, the need for a dog. Plus, Noah thinks they are the best thing since squeezy foods! We watched Harvey on Sunday and the entire next morning he was looking outside yelling "haaaaaa gaaaaa"...clearly, "harvey".
Hello, I'd like to come live with you!

The Bar Method - This is no secret but I thought it would be worth adding it to the list since it is a pretty giant part of my life (i.e.-the hour of "me time" I get to spend away from the little one a few times a week). Also, I have found a new drive during my hour long workouts. I have been doing TBM for 3 years and I am pushing harder, taking more advanced options, and seeing even more results lately. The instructors are really motivating me to find my inner confidence and be honest with myself about just how much further I can push. It is seriously rewarding and worth every second of shaking during class (p.s.-I used to be embarrassed when I shook...now I feel like I am doing myself a disservice if I'm not!). New goals: increase flexibility and all push ups on my toes (I have a tweaky shoulder but I am determined to find a fix and get back from modified to the real deal).

Children's Benadryl - Noah finally got taken down by the cold that has been flying around town and our pediatrician recommended some Benadryl to help him sleep. Seriously, two nights of good rest and I have a 99% healthy boy. Sleep is medicine, my friends! HA, famous last words. Typed that this morning and by this evening we were back at the doctor getting antibiotics for an ear infection. Still leaving it on the list because he definitely got better sleep as a result of taking it.

Clean Sheet Day - Is there anything better? Plus, the taking off and putting back on of sheets kept Noah entertained for at least 45 minutes (yes, longest sheet change, ever). 
Jump, run, crash, repeat.
I am sure I am loving a lot more but currently all I can think to love is the back of my eyelids! Hope everyone gets everything they want out of the lovey holiday tomorrow. I will be getting: a visit from Home Depot to exchange our stove, some park time with my little buddy, a trip to Bar Method, and a glass of wine with my hubby on the couch. In other words, just a normal day...wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

jec22vr said...

Sounds like a great Valentine's Day! Hope Noah gets to feeling better and please please PLEASE get a Goldendoodle!