Wednesday, April 10, 2013

life lately.

Today I am having an "on" mom day. It is ridiculously gorgeous outside and Noah and I took this day by storm.
Noah's first "ride", Danny the Dragon. Please excuse the yogurt he flung all over his face!
We had an amazing Easter weekend celebrating Kristina's birthday in Sonoma/Napa. I am loving looking at the pictures from our "real" camera that hasn't been dusted off in months (iPhone/Instagram killed my inner desire to learn to be a better photographer...one day). 
Me and the birthday girl.
These two. Too much!


I am wishing we had a neighborhood pool...a la Bridle Creek...for the summer. 
Come on, this bod is just dying for some pool time!
Sunny/warm weather makes me happy. I liked Colorado...it was pretty much HOT or COLD. I like each of these respectively. But the weird in-betweeny winters here in California are frustrating. I don't like jeans and sweaters...it makes me closterphobic (weird, since I don't mind donning fleeces, hats, mittens and puffy jackets). I like flowy dresses, skirts, shorts, tank tops. I just feel like I can MOVE and it is so refreshing to be getting a glimpse of summer in April.
Skirt blowing in the breeze. Also, Lola...miss her!
I am itching for a getaway. I drove past the airport today and wanted to go in, ask for cheapest flight to anywhere, and hop a plane for a spontaneous adventure. I thought Scott might be a little concerned for my sanity (and the safety of our son), so I kept driving...but I keep watching the sky thinking of our next adventure.
This would do. This would do just fine!
I am also itching for a stay-cation. Ok, a stay-night. There are two ways I could go with this (I'll order both, please). First, a night away with Scott, no baby. Just drinks, dinner, an in room movie, and some sleep in a bed that I don't have to make and a shower in a shower I don't have to clean! Second, me (only me), room service, in room movie, and sleep. Maybe a massage in the morning? One of my favorite parts about traveling for work (in my previous life) was my own little hotel vacation.


   Third (I'm adding one), family weekend in Napa? 

   Fourth...does anyone have any cash laying around they would like to send me for all of the above?
We did get away together for a whole day together, on a weekday! Giants opening day!

Bar Method Challenge. I am not sure I ever wrapped this up on the blog. I finished, I accomplished 20 classes in 28 days, I got my t-shirt & discount, and I crashed. Well, not right away. I kept up a normal routine for another week but then I was burnt out. I took a couple days off to recharge, spend time with my boys, and give my body a rest. It was a good decision. I am now ready to get back to the bar and tuck off the few extra glasses of sauv blanc that squeezed their way in during my rest!
The shirt.

Noah is a wild man. We are still working on managing his throwing and even giving him balls to throw as an appropriate alternative (to food, toys, phones, etc.) is becoming dangerous. He has an arm and zero aim. I can confidently say that he is ALL boy and is one really energetic, happy, and hilarious kid. 
This pretty much sums up my life these days. Love.
I made a decision against the better advisement of the AAP. I turned Noah's car seat forward. He meets the requirements for CA state law so we are going with it. We are both much happier car riders with the new change. 
Hello little face! He was craning his neck to look for trucks.
Ok, enough random information for one day. I need to go outside and catch up on my Vitamin D absorption.

Also, after reading this back, I have two things to add:
1. Sorry for all the caps and italics. Not sure why I got so carried away.
2. I really like my city and home...I feel like I talked a lot about wanting to leave it. Just always enjoy a little getaway!

No comments: