Monday, May 12, 2014

Watermelon Retchless: Week 39

Size of Baby: A "mini" watermelon. I don't really care what adjective is being used to describe a watermelon...it's a WATERMELON!

Workouts: Bar Method, Nana Walks, and the Dish...and yet no baby! I challenged one of our instructors to put me into labor this week and while she did her best to kill me, no baby!

 

Maternity Clothes: Yes, but I am starting to look longingly at my non-maternity summer clothing selection!

Movement: Yes, especially after "special snack" each night. Last Monday night he was a bit quiet and I casually mentioned that to Dr. R and without a second thought he offered me a double check on Mr. Cooper. Who is going to turn down a chance to have the peace of mind their baby is happy and healthy? So, he hooked me up for a 20 minute, in office, non stress test. Of course, Coop danced his way through the entire test (thereby negating the need for the test in the first place), but it was fun to listen to his heartbeat and get a thumbs up from Dr. R that he is a-ok in there.



Symptoms: "I am having the baby tonight"-itis. My sleep has become much more fitful because I decide about every 2 days that this is the night labor is going to start and sleep like crap in anticipation. Also, I have zero "mother's intuition" about this whole labor thing. I have been convinced on several occasions that Coop's arrival is imminent. Spoiler alert...no baby yet.


What I Miss: Energy. I went to Bar Method and a little event at Noah's school and could not keep my eyes open when I got home. I officially wear out super quickly these days.



Girl or BoyBoy!
 

Belly button In or Out: Out! Like almost embarrassingly out!

Stretch Marks: Nope. 



Cravings: Nothing. In fact, most food makes me nauseous to prepare. I could survive on animal crackers, special snack, and sparkling water until arrival.

 




Best Moment This Week: Lots...my non stress test was actually great because I loved the reassurance, hearing that Coop had dropped so at least maybe he is thinking of making an appearance**, and, non pregnancy related, Noah's Mother's Day celebration at school. As much as I wanted Coop to make an appearance this week, I was really hoping he would wait until after this event. It was so special to go to school and get to have a special little snack with my boy! It would have broken my heart not to be there. 

And, of course, Mother's Day! Phew, what a week! My boys made my entire weekend super special. As I told Scott, we didn't necessarily do anything out of the ordinary for us, but it just felt really really special. Rainbows and Unicorns flying around over here for sure! 
I love all the little mirror smudges from my Noah!

**I have decided that the whole due date, dilation, dropping, effacing discussion is nonsense. No one has any clue when these little humans are going to make their arrival and there is seriously no "trick" to making it happen (trust me, I've tried). Due dates should be handed out in much more general terms, such as, "you are due mid to late May". The last few weeks of pregnancy remind me a lot of my half ironman...taxing physically but much more painful from a mental perspective!!

No comments: