Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Holidays Begin

It is FINALLY starting to feel like Christmas to me. Despite the fact that the radio stations have been playing Christmas music for over a month it just hasn't seemed to sink in. Luckily, the temps have finally dropped, snow started falling, and I have relaxed enough to just enjoy the season.

Between finishing up packing and starting to finalize things at work, I managed to fit in a few days of skiing with my Dad. He flew in on Friday and we headed up to Winter Park for two days of carefree, fun! Well, turns out that Saturday is the second coldest day I have ever skied! It was about 4 degrees, extremely windy and snowing. We ended up stopping after every run to thaw out. Silver lining...the snow was INCREDIBLE! We only made it to 2:30 but were sufficiently worn out from the cold and exercise. Today was much better with the sun out and temps up.


Made it back to Boulder safely this afternoon for some more packing, laundry and couch time. Lola was treated to a mani/pedi (nail trim), bath and brushing. We did manage to squeeze in what will probably be our last walk around our little north Boulder neighborhood. Below is a picture of a local trail at sunset tonight. Although, I know San Francisco will have a lot of beautiful walks to offer us :). That and some great company!



Well, Dad and I are watching Christmas Vacation for the millionth time so I had better get back to it. It doesn't matter how many times I see this movie, I still laugh out loud through the entire thing.

Merry early Christmas!

No comments: