Sunday, March 21, 2010

Couch bound


Hello from the couch! I am pretty sure it is becoming formed to my body at this point. Funny that about 40 hours can seem like 4 days when you are tied to one place. You see, I am not the best at being taken care of. Sure, I have a lazy moment here or there but in general I am a "doer" and like to be up and moving around. Having to ask for a cord to plug my camera into my computer (which I also had to ask for) isn't really my style. But, I am dealing and Scott is doing a great job at making sure I stay put. So much as a squeak from the couch and I hear, "Steph? What are you doing?" Honestly, I am not sure what I would do without him. I imagine the novelty has worn off by now but he is still a trooper about taking care of me. I think I'll marry him :-).

So, how did it go? According to Dr. Mah, "it was like finding a needle in a haystack". At first I thought that was rather entertaining...then the numbness wore off. I have had a few knee surgeries (all arthroscopic) and they don't even hold a candle to this one. I'll spare you the whining and annoying details, but let's just say, "ouch".
Checking in...6am is not my finest hour!
Getting ready to go in!
Most painful pre-surgery portion was the IV. What a weird place for it!
One hot hat!
My rock. Nothing like getting up at 5am on Friday to sit in a waiting room! Thanks, Lovey!
Out of the OR. All I remember about this was that I was FREEZING.
Back in the room...groggy but happy to be glass free.

One funny story (in hindsight)...we were supposed to hit the road for Twain Harte this morning to visit Scott's mom. So, I washed my hair (in the sink), we packed up a few items and set me up in the backseat of the car. All of about 10 minutes into the car ride, on the on-ramp to the freeway, I sat up and asked Scott to pull the car over. Up came everything post surgery. Yuck. Kind of sad that doing "too much" at this point is simply washing my hair and getting in a car. Looks like taking it easy is going to take on new meaning.

Tonight Scott, Lola and I snuggled up on the couch for some movie time. We watched The Invention of Lying and Up in the Air. Unfortunately I fell asleep during Lying (silly pain meds) but what I saw was funny. How can it not be with Ricky Gervais? Up in the Air was wonderful! So fun to spot Lambert St. Louis airport, too!

I will leave you with a picture of my puffy foot. Really looking forward to having normal sized toes again (and a pedicure)!

No comments: