Sunday, March 7, 2010

Scottsdale

A week late but a recap nonetheless...

Last weekend Scott and I packed up and headed south for Scottsdale to meet my parents and Dennis and Derry for a weekend of fun in the sun. Unfortunately the sun wasn't cooperating the way I would have liked but we had fun anyway.

The guys had one thing on their agenda...golf. We sent them off to the course everyday and the ladies did a little exploring around town. We did art shows, galleries, old town, sushi, the Biltmore.... Along the way bit of a theme popped up...

DONKEYS!

Might seem strange, but really it wasn't. Dennis and Derry have two miniature donkeys, Dusty and Benji, back in Missouri (along with two horses)
Dusty and Benji
Our first stop once we got in was dinner at the Spotted Donkey. GREAT food and of course a lot of donkey paraphernalia.
Derry also got herself an ass of steel in Arizona...Rusty!
Mom with her obsession...Frank Lloyd Wright architecture at the Biltmore.
What would a night (er, weekend?) be without some beverages?
Our terrific outdoor fireplace!
Scott playing his air guitar on the way home from dinner (we all preferred that to his singing!-sorry, Scott)

It was a great weekend full of GREAT food, company, drinks, and many laughs and fun. When can we go again?!

Ok, the red carpet has begun...time for me to honor my mom's favorite holiday...OSCAR NIGHT! This year I am on the hunt for great up do's that I can copy for my wedding :-).

No comments: