Sunday, December 18, 2011

Noah News: Week 6

Noah News is coming to you a day early this week because tomorrow we will be far too busy playing with Grandma and Grandpa to blog! Here is a video of Noah showing his excitement for their arrival!
Headlines for the week:

Just announced: New food group added to pyramid - Ok, 1-it isn't even a pyramid anymore and 2-animal crackers would definitely not be added regardless of the shape. I need an intervention...or some better snacks...my consumption of these tasty little guys is out of control. 

Clean Bill of Health Issued - I paid a visit to my OB this week and was given a clean bill of health and the a-ok to start any and all pre-pregnancy activity (more on that soon).  Is it strange that I am sad not to get to see my doctor as frequently any more? It is such an odd thing to see someone weekly and then say, "see you in a year!". 

Look who's back in the big city - Noah, Scott and I made two trips to SF this week. The first I was by myself most of the time and realized just how happy I am not to be dealing with an infant in the city daily. I got parked in with 1 inch in front of me and maybe six behind me. Awesome when you need to get out of your spot with a screaming child quickly! Getting back to the burbs was a welcome relief.
Noah was having a meltdown so I decided it was a good time to get out of the house for a pomeranian walk. This is as far as I got getting him in the car seat before he was passed out. He slept like that for 45 minutes!
Christmas in San Francisco - Our second trip was purely to take in the hustle and bustle of downtown at the holidays. Scott and I always enjoyed this time of year in Union Square and decided we should make it an annual tradition to take Noah! 
Our little family in front of the giant Christmas tree.
Yes, I busted out his Santa hat for our excursion.
Managing those awkward teen years - ok, so Noah hasn't exactly reached his teen years but we are already fighting acne. Baby acne might be the most irritating thing on earth. Everything I read says, "try not to let it bother you, it doesn't bother him". Right...apparently I am too vain for that line of thought. Luckily we think we are seeing some improvement with increased bath frequency and some Medela face wipes. I still say no matter what age, acne sucks.
He might have acne, but he still has awesome hair!
It's the same...but different - My body that is. At my doctor's appointment I braved the scale. One pound away from my pre-pregnancy weight. That said, things are not the same. I actually felt better about my body two weeks post partum than I do now. 5 weeks without a consistent workout routine has resulted in some muscle loss which is a bummer since I went into my delivery in tip top shape. I think some of my recent frustration comes from the fact that I was just impressed at seeing myself without a huge belly so my mental reaction to my body was better initially. Hopefully some serious ab work will get me feeling toned up again and back to my fitness goal (which is not a number but a feeling). I know I sound like a whiner...I am thankful for how my body handled pregnancy and how it is bouncing back. It will just be interesting to see how my body shapes back up and where I stand in a few months. Hopefully I'll feel like my strong/healthy self again soon!
Baby feet!
Caught in the act - Thank God no one actually caught me in this act! Scott and I headed out to the mall to do a little Christmas shopping and thought we had timed Noah's feeding perfectly. He let me know that we were WRONG in the Banana Republic dressing room. Poor little guy lost his mind so we high tailed it out of there and back to the car to head home. I decided a quick stop for fro yo wouldn't ruin the stinkler for life so I indulged. Unfortunately we weren't even able to get out of the parking lot before the hysterics got so out of control we realized we would be nursing in the car. All fine but it reached a whole new level when Scott had to feed me my fro yo while I was half undressed in the back seat. Now there is a story to tell the Grandkids.

Finger Lickin' Good - We did it. We braved our first adult dinner out with Noah in tow. We packed up the munchkin and headed to Mayfield for a delicious dinner (we ordered all but 3 entrees) with Aimee, Andrea, Kristina, Nick and Michelle. Great company, great food, and to top it all off...a sleeping baby!
He stayed like this until dessert.
A quick fix for a fussy baby :-)
Feels just like walking on broken glass - No, I didn't jump on glass again. BUT, I have decided that I should really just stick to all things plastic. I had a sleep deprived moment that ended with me grabbing a pan that had just come out of the oven with bare hands. Needless to say, it ended up on the ground along with all of the contents (chicken tamale casserole) and a ton of broken glass. This is why God invented pizza delivery.

I have nothing clever because it is too exciting...Noah slept through the night! We laid him down at about 10:30pm and he didn't demand us until 5:45am. We are hoping this continues...forever ;-).
We can't wait for a nap-off with Grandpa and Noah!
The pomeranians want in on that challenge too!

No comments: