Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Noah News: Week 42 & 43

Is it bad that I am counting down weeks to 52? Not so much because I am anxious for Noah to turn 1 (in fact, I would like him to stay 10 months forever!), but because these weekly posts are getting to be a bit of a chore. Noah is constantly on the move and it is pretty much impossible to capture him on camera these days. Between that, and the fact that he isn't flying through developmental milestones (because there aren't as many), I just don't have a lot of material for weekly posts. Once we hit a year I will do Noah updates monthly but, until then, for posterity, I will continue trying to come up with news.
The best picture I could capture of Noah in his cute little matchy outfit.
What 99% of my pictures look like these days.
Happiest baby/mommy combo on the block - I am not sure when it happened but I pretty much feel like a grinning idiot most of the time. I just love spending time with my boy. Even the challenging tasks make me happy (getting ready for bedtime is a bit of a wrestling match, walking around AT&T park trying to make him sleep in the Ergo) because I get to spend time with Noah. Sure, I have my moments where I need a break and I gladly hand him off to Scott but it isn't nearly as desperate or as often as a few months ago. We are just a happy little team bopping around Menlo Park!
Ohhhhhhh, I love him! For the record, before he fell asleep he was giving me little rubs on the back of my arms. Pretty much made me melt.

Milestone, Schmilestone -  I'll admit, I was a NUT about milestones for the first 6 months of Noah's life. I was constantly checking Babycenter, reading every possible piece of baby information I could get my hands on, sizing Noah up with other babies at play dates...you get the idea. All of a sudden, I could just care less. Maybe it is because he is walking already but I just.don't.care about when he should say "Mama" and "Dada" or if he is a month or four late pointing. He is constantly learning new things (I mean, saying "Baba, night night" pretty much sends the kid running for the bedroom) and makes me laugh every day at what he understands and how is truly trying to learn. So, the way I figure it, we will go about our happy little life (see above) and he will likely go to high school being able to point and clap!
Hey, Babycenter, at what age should your son figure out the dog door?!
Breakfast of Champions - We found it. After months of trying every breakfast food we could think of (I even broke out the syrup to try and convince Noah to ingest something before morning nap) we have finally discovered the ONE breakfast food Noah will eat. A bagel with cream cheese. Apparently every meal must be associated with some sort of cheese in order for Noah to consider it. A man after my own heart. 
A little pre-game reading at AT&T.
Got Milk? - Have I mentioned that I have the best son in the world? Well, maybe not in those exact words but I am pretty sure you probably get the picture that this is how I feel. Noah took to breastfeeding with very few issues; switched to formula with no complaints; and sucked down his first bottle of real milk today like it was gold. Thank you milk Gods as I know this is a battle for many families. 
Noah loves to watch the backyard (and inadvertently trap Arnold out there). The days the gardeners come are extra special.
Cock-a-doodle-do - I don't what kind of roosters you have, but mine says, "YA YA YA YA" (sounds like yeah, or yia...not yay) at 4:30 AM. Yes, this is completely unacceptable so we are working on solutions to this little riser-before-the-sunner. What we have discovered is that he naps too well. I know, really terrible problems over here ;-). The real kicker is that I need to shorten his morning nap...BUT, it is MY time and I really don't want to :-(. I also don't want to wake up at 4:30 in the morning so I guess I have to give up some interneting in favor of the greater good. 
Car snoozing. A rarity in these parts since we all I really like nap time at home!
Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall - I am waiting for a visit from CPS. My poor son constantly has bruises on his head. As soon as the latest egg/bruise begins to fade he conks his head somewhere else (or often, the same spot). Most of the time they come from crawling under furniture and then trying to get up right at the edge, tripping while tearing through the house, or rolling off a pillow (on the ground) onto the hard ground (he likes to burrow/nuzzle when he is tired). So, no serious injuries, just enough of a bump on a regular basis to keep him looking like he just went round and round with Muhammad Ali (thankfully, no cauliflower ears here though!). 
Exhibit A: Bruise on one side of head (but LOOK at those eyelashes).
Exhibit B: Bruise on other side of head (this fall was a little nastier and involved the side of the coffee table and a slip on drool-seriously, you can't baby proof them from their own drool!)


As you can see, we aren't dealing with major updates around here. Noah is constantly on the go...pretty much running around at this point. He is ever smiley and seriously just makes me want to scoop him up for hugs and snuggles all day long. I don't know how it gets better than this but I guess I will get to find out.


No comments: