Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Romaine Lettuce Retchless: Week 36

Size of Baby: This is quite the interesting field this week. Last week I had another appointment at the doctor and my belly was measuring a bit small (I tried to tell her that Mr. Cooper thought under my ribs was a good camping spot) so we did an ultrasound just to double check that all growth was on track. The quick answer...yes.

The long answer...indeed my uterus is jamming under my ribs and I also have a super long torso which gives Coop a lot of room to spread out and make me measure a little small from the outside. Upon taking some measurements of Coop we learned that he is averaging out at about 37 weeks (that was last Friday so we are at about 37.5 now)! That would make his "due date" May 9th (it is currently May 18 or 23 depending on who you ask). The real kicker is that his head is measuring 38 weeks. Yes, lots of room for brains...but also, ouch. They also estimated his weight at slightly over 6 pounds. I hereby welcome him at any time! I have no interest in delivering a 9 pound baby!


Workouts: 3 Bar Method Classes, and a few Nana walks. Good news, our Nana's hips checked out and we are back in our walking routine. I am so happy to be back on track with our nightly 45 minute walks!
 

Maternity Clothes: Yes. And really struggling with my "coming home" from the hospital outfit. I am struggling between maxi dress or some comfy pants. The amount of time I spend thinking about this decision is alarming...



Movement: I can now feel him simultaneously kicking my ribs and knocking on the "exit". It's like he is stretching out as far as humanly possible (for him and me)!



Symptoms: My brain...oh my brain. I think I have said it before but if it isn't written down in Sharpie, I will forget it. I am also super tired again. Not as much physically tired, but sleepy tired. I have picked up the naps again and have had zero trouble falling asleep moments after my head hits the pillow (it usually takes me 30+ minutes to fall asleep at night). I've also been sleeping pretty great the past few nights. Soaking up all those moments as they are numbered at this point.



What I Miss: Being able to comfortably sit and read to Noah. I can't snuggle in the rocking chair without Coop jamming a foot under my rib or making me sit perfectly upright.



Girl or BoyBoy!
 

Belly button In or Out: The turkey baster that is my belly button says this baby is done!

Stretch Marks: Nope. 



Cravings: Nothing. However, enjoying the last few weeks of eating pretty much what I want. While I don't tend to indulge much in my pregnancys I am savoring the extra snack or two each day! 
 




Best Moment This Week: Seeing Coop again. It really is the best. Watching his little body practicing breathing and knowing that he is healthy and big enough to greet the world is such a great feeling. I will say I am now on the edge of my seat waiting for something to happen. It could be a long 4 weeks of waiting if he decides to hang out in there!

In other news, I am working my way through my to do list like crazy now. The news he is measuring big gave me the kick I needed to get those last minute items and pack the hospital bag. If you follow me on Instagram (Steffy7210) you know we are on vacation as well. Just a quick 2-nighter to Napa for a little Babymoon. I did my due diligence and researched local hospitals juuuuuuuuuust in case. Ok, back to my little family of 3...need to soak up every last minute! 

My giant hand is making the bump look super small here!

No comments: