We made sure not to lay low for long and packed our weekend with fun once again. This weekend was Fleet Week in San Francisco. Saturday morning we packed up and headed down to the marina to take in all the festivities.
The girls found some sailors to take pictures with!
Ah, relaxing while waiting for the Parade of Ships.
Probably the most impressive ship that came through. Unfortunately, no air craft carriers this year.
Miss Kayla peeking out from her bounce around the jumpy castle.
One of many high flying entertainment acts.
Tanner making sure to stay hydrated!
After the Strand fam headed home for nap time the Koonless family hunkered down, had a picnic, and waited for the Blue Angels to arrive.
The girls soaking up the last of the sun...
As 3 o'clock rolled around so did the fog and wind. Unfortunately this does not create ideal circumstances for flying six jets frighteningly close to each other and after one pass the Blue Angels had to land.
Scott's face after hearing the news...WHAT?! They have never been cancelled!! Apparently every year the weather is perfect during Fleet Week(end) except this one. On that note, we are apparently in the best season the city has to offer yet as I sit here it is pouring outside with winds gusting up to 50 mph. Very curious...
As I mentioned the camera was purchased for the President's Cup. Unfortunately all electronics are prohibited during the tournament so we left the house empty handed. Kind of a strange feeling in this era of constant connection to leave behind the cell phone!
So while I don't have any photos to provide I will leave you with a few bullets from the day:
- We watched every golfer tee off from number three...they are all so lean! It is true the camera adds 10 lbs. These guys are rails!
- One exception to that...Tiger. He is actually quite tall and solid! Wouldn't have guessed.
- It was COLD! Of course, being prepared, I brought along some mittens. We grabbed a couple of beers and Scott quickly realized that this was not helping his cold hands get warm! So, what else would I do...give him a mitten. People found this very funny and we got a ton of comments, "is that a pair of mittens?", "how funny...beer mittens!", to Scott "is that a ladies mitten?".
- We watched Tiger put on his wind pants and guess what? He puts his pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us!
- We saw Michael Jordan driving around the course in his golf cart.
- Scott shook Condoleezza Rice's hand.
- Todd White. NBC superstar volunteer. We got to do a little yelling from the stands for our own celebrity on the course!
- When the tournament ended we began looking for a cab to get home. Well, that didn't go so well and we ended up walking around two miles before finally walking into a bar and asking them to call one.