Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cat's Out of the Bag

I have confirmation that four out of the five bridesmaids officially received these so I thought I would go ahead and share the news with the world (or at least the five people that read this). Marleen, if you are reading this, STOP, and go back to studying (oh, and check the mail and give Chicken a kiss for me)!!!

What does a person call a person that they went to high school with, spent countless hours of cheerleading practice, games, and competition with, throw in a few sleep overs and camps here and there but then went off to college, went our separate ways, but now I read her blog and feel like I know her again?!  Well, this is Lauren.  I love her blog (and her husband is super talented...check out all their blogs!) and found this fun little craft on their calligraphy blog (it originally came from Once Wed) and I fell in love with it immediately!  

So I embarked on the clever little way to ask my bridesmaids to be in the wedding.  While the person who originally made these is clearly MUCH more talented (and patient) than me I tried my best and was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.  

Ok, my calligraphy needs help (could have called in Mike for this!), but I don't claim to be an expert (plus, I can't write in cursive-sorry Mrs. O'Keefe!)
You are supposed to make a chain for each person of all the bridesmaids that are in the wedding but I took a shortcut (that is a lot of people, dresses and hair to create!).  

So each person just got their own little person (when making these I thought I was going with orangeish/coralish dresses...since then I have changed my mind and they will be in brown)
A close up of my people.  And yes, they all look like they have gigantic/puffy hair!

So, thank you to Lauren for this great idea and all of my wonderful friends that have agreed to stand by me on my special day (Marleen, I promoted you so you better give me a 5 sec. call in the near future or it can be reversed!!  :-)!). 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Love it Love it! You are mighty crafty and it is the best card ever!!! I am beyond excited!!! Thank you SOOOO much for giving my hair volume! I have only dreamed of this feature! Miss ya!

LC said...

Aw, thanks Stephanie! I love following your blog too! It really does feel like we know each other all over again. If it's ok with you, I might feature your DIY on my blog and you might get more readers (more than 5 for sure ;) ) They look adorable...nice work!