Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that this blog is going to be about anything but Noah from now on. Sure, there will be musings about other topics and weekend updates as before, but for the most part I will be chronicling our life with our new love.
Week 1 proved to be both amazing and a challenge. I learned in doing Noah's baby book that his name means "rest; comfort". This is pretty accurate of his personality thus far. He is a very sweet and mellow little boy. Most of our challenges have come as newbie parents and are very normal I'd like to believe.
|We get to see these eyes more often now. Love.|
Some thoughts with a few pictures thrown in:
- Sleep/milk coma smiles might be the best thing ever. Sometimes I think he is about to cry and then he busts out the most adorable little smile. I know it is just a reflex/gas at this point but his little face is so precious! I can't wait for the real smiles to start.
- Dad left :-( We can't wait to see him again at Christmas!
- Scott and I went on our first post baby date. My mom volunteered to babysit so we could run out the door for a quick date night before she leaves. We opted for a sushi date since it has been 9 months since I have indulged. It was divine...both the fish and the company!
- We had a bit of a nursing snafu but a trip to DayOne and I am feeling better and feel like both Noah and I are getting the hang of it. Who knew that something so natural could be so challenging...there is absolutely a learning curve and in my case a fair amount of pain associated with it.
- People told us not to buy newborn clothes because you don't know how big of a baby you are going to have and don't want to waste money on clothes that will be too big. Well, our baby is definitely not too big and we are giving our washer a workout cleaning the same handful of items over and over. When he can fit in his 0-3 month outfits we are going to have options galore!
- We have been peed on more times than I can count.
- Nights aren't all that bad thus far. Since Noah eats every 3 hours it could be considered only one night wake up (assuming we go to bed at midnight, up at 3, up at 6). The catch is that a feeding takes us an hour to complete with a diaper change factored in. So we are really only looking at about 1.5-2 hours of sleep between feedings. I have been squeezing in some additional sleep after the 6am feeding instead of getting up at this point.
- Bar Method rocks my socks off. We are less than two weeks out and I am back in my pre-pregnancy pants. Some fit better than others (i.e.-the stretchy ones) but I can get into all of them and don't feel like a sausage stuffed in its casing! I owe this phenomenon to Bar Method. I took classes religiously throughout my pregnancy (even went the day I got induced) and I truly believe it has played THE critical role in my bounce back. I will also give a few points to breastfeeding :-).
- Noah has had his two first out of state visitors (other than my parents). Kate took the prize for first with a visit from New York. Kevin followed with a close second the next day.
- We had more visitors. Noah is very lucky to have so many people that love him.
- We had our second bath. I will stop documenting every bath but he is so stinking cute and the light is always great for picture taking.
- I am trying to introduce one new item a day. Today we tried out the swing and Noah loves it. He is becoming more alert between naps and seemed to enjoy his relaxing morning.
- Kate and Allison both got us the wonderful month by month shirt stickers. Clearly I need to work on a) my photography skills and b) taking these pictures when I have a happier baby (which is pretty much any time except when I took these). I also decided to take monthly photo with my old "Teddy".
|My very handsome date.|
|This is it. The last purple shirted picture.|
|All the way from NY...Kate!|
|We got Nick to hold him...Noah spit up on him shortly after this picture.|
|Grandmere got back from vacation!!|
|A much happier baby for bath #2.|
|Picture one. We lost his little feet though :-(|
|Getting a little more angry.|
|What are you doing, Mom? Put some clothes on me already!|
- Grandma leaves tomorrow. We aren't talking about it.
- I finally have a picture of Lola...as you can see it is because she decided that she could fit on the chair with me, Noah, and the pillow!