Monday, March 17, 2014

Coconut Retchless: Week 31

Size of Baby: Somewhere between 3 & 4 pounds and 16+ inches long.

Workouts: 3 Bar Method Classes, 1 Dish hike, and 4 Nana walks. Really enjoying my evenings sitting out back with Scott & Noah and finding it hard to motivate to go to class in the evenings. Trying to get back on track with 4 Bar Method classes a week though!

Maternity Clothes: Yes. 

Movement: Definitely becoming a more active guy as the weeks go on. He has been bouncing around all day today! I was reading that with Noah I felt most of his movements below my belly button at this point...with Coop it is almost always near my ribs or on my left hand side. It will be interesting to see where he is parked these days (head up/down?).

Symptoms: Hip pain. It is serious. I only get it if I sit in the same position for an extended period (i.e.-long car rides) or while sleeping. The sleep thing is becoming a problem. I wake up 5 or 6 times a night in excruciating pain. Last night I slept sitting up for 2 hours because I couldn't stand to be on my side. For the record, I have a pregnancy pillow (snoogle) and have even tried adding an additional pillow between my legs...neither gives me any relief. Starting to consider acupuncture if I can't get this under control. 

Sleepiness. I can power through a day when I am busy but if I have the opportunity for a rest (i.e.-most days when Noah is napping) I am finding myself needing about 40 minutes to recharge. I am also ready for bed at about 9pm. But, if I am distracted or out and about I don't truly miss it or become miserable if we are out late. Maybe it is tiredness of convenience?! Whatever it is, I give in because in a couple short months sleep will be an extremely limited resource!

What I Miss: We'll upgrade this to wine tasting! We went to Sonoma over the weekend and I am officially ready to be back in the participants arena versus DD classification! 

Girl or BoyBoy!
 
Belly button In or Out: Depends on how I am sitting/standing/time of day. I can definitely see it started to pop! 

Stretch Marks: Nope. 

Cravings: Pretzels and chocolate chips. Even if I'm not really hungry I can't resist this delicious little sweet & salty snack!
Best Moment This Week: The giant increase in movement from Coop. It is so reassuring to feel him jumping around! 


Me and Scott at Gloria on Sunday. Kristina and Scott demanded my bubbles be in the shot as it is seriously what I looked forward to alllllll week! But they also wanted the bump to be on display (demanding, these two!) hence the awkward pose.

This was the first time with a normal pose. Apparently the bump was a bit too discreet (probably good since not everyone shares the same opinions, and our doctor's, on champagne consumption while pregnant)!

No comments: