Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happenings

This week has been a rather relaxing one.  Tuesday night brought plenty of excitement, though, with my first Giants game!!  You really can't beat baseball, a hot dog, and a beer (or a few).  
Pre game beer at MoMo's.  Pointing out my St. Louis loyalty!!

So here is the deal...I live here now and Giants baseball is something that will without a doubt be a huge part of my life so I am officially jumping on the orange and black bandwagon. HOWEVER, I can say with 99% certainty my true loyalty will always be to the Cardinals and I will always be sporting my red when they are in town!  I think this is a pretty fair compromise. In fact, it is kind of fun to have two home teams :).  I am anxious to share the Cardinals baseball institution with Scott so he can why I am so obsessed (although I wish we could go back in time to old Busch...that's where my memories lie). 

We ended up collecting about 5 or 6 of these cups! (ps-why do these "self portraits" always turn out terrible when I take them?!)

The game was great fun and I am excited to attend many more!

In other news...we are officially going to Hawaii!!!!  Tickets are booked, hotel is booked and we are off (in 4 months).  This is going to be one long countdown but at least I have plenty of time to get in swimsuit shape :).  After a San Francisco summer (which I hear is foggy most of the time) I think I will be more than ready to hit the beach.  

This weekend Lola and I are "baching it" while Scott is in Palm Springs golfing.  We have had one wild weekend of chick flick watching, ordering take out, and house cleaning!  Tomorrow I am off on my first bike ride since moving to San Francisco.  Kind of strange not to have been on my bike in six months!!  I think it was a good break because now I am SUPER excited to get out and ride.  I think when I was training for 70.3 I got a little burnt out as my mentality went from, "I get/want to ride" to "I have to ride".  Tomorrow I get to ride and I get to do it at whatever pace I want and just enjoy taking in the scenery the bay area has to offer.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Then, after the big ride (ok, short, easy ride!) I get to pick Scott up!  Excited to have him home...

No comments: