Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Mind Dump

A lot of blogs I read have been doing "Friday Phone Dumps" with all the pics they took on their phones for the week. Well, I only took one picture this week (and usually don't take more than that) so I decided to give you a list of the top 5 random things going through my head this week. 

1. Seeing all of my Facebook friends that are having babies is making me very anxious for the arrival of Baby R. I want to see his squidgy little face!! 

2. Being told you're not allowed to do something makes you want to do it more. I know, groundbreaking news. Right now I want to fly pretty much anywhere. This is pretty significant given that I fear flying and much prefer it when I can drink copious amounts of alcohol before boarding. None of the above work in my current state. :-(

3. #1 illuminated the fact that I am excited about meeting Baby R. #3 is my confession that I am scared to death to meet Baby R. Sure, I have managed to keep some house plants and two pomeranians alive day-to-day but the reality that Scott and I are in charge of a human AND for the next 18+ years is pretty overwhelming from time to time. That's when I step back and remember to take it one day at a time. Then I go back to the excited place :-).

4. "My" CU buffaloes come to town to play Stanford next weekend. Suffice it to say, I am stocking up on anything that comes in black & gold. Funny...I just looked over and noticed that the pomeranians are pretty much black and gold! GO BUFFS!

5. The (.) versus the (!). I struggle with these silly little punctuation marks. Especially when chatting with people or sending friendly emails. Sometimes the period just seems so serious and stern. However, the exclamation mark seems a bit over the top and like I am yelling at people. I will admit, more often than not I rely on the ole (!) but maybe I need to dial it back a bit with some more (.)s in my life. While we are on it, I should also cut back on my use of (...). That is all.

Well, there you have it. My 5 random thoughts for this Friday morning. Enjoy your weekend!

The one picture I took on my phone this week. This was our wedding present from Allison & Justin and we found it a perfect home in our kitchen!

No comments: