Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Showered

This past weekend marked a little r&r followed by a wonderful baby shower in San Francisco. Chrissie pulled out all the stops and made it a day I will always remember! It was such a nice afternoon with family and friends.

We were also very fortunate to get the last of the "must have" items for Baby R's arrival. His room is officially ready for him to come home! I did two more loads of baby laundry yesterday and got all his drawers organized (after oooooing and ahhhhing over how cute the little outfits are) and his coming home outfit packed in the hospital bag. 

We also checked off the hospital tour last night, thereby completing all our classes before his arrival. We are as ready as we'll ever be!! Of course I am still five weeks away from my due date but it feels good to be prepared. 

Ok, time for the fun stuff...pictures!!
Hopefully you know this girl!
There was lots of yummy food!
Of course sweet treats, too! These cupcakes were to die for!
How cute are these cookies? They were quite tasty too...I think Baby R and I are still in sugar shock from all the treats.
The drink station
Onesies with a beautiful SF backdrop
Adorably decorated!
More cute details! There was no stone left unturned!!
The diaper cake. These diapers will undoubtedly come in handy!
We played a fun game of guessing how big my "waist" is these days. Kristina got SUPER close to getting it exact and won the first place prize.
Jess came in a super close 2nd!
There was present opening, as mentioned!
I am pretty excited for Baby R to try out this puppy. Of course it will be almost a year before he can go in it but it is super cute nonetheless!
The Retchless ladies.
Me and the FABULOUS host. Thanks so much, Crick! It was a perfect day!
I also want to thank Libby and Kristina for all the pictures. They allowed me to enjoy my shower while they documented the day. And a great day it was (as you can see). Scott and I are so lucky to be surrounded by such thoughtful and caring people and Baby R will be very lucky to have each and every one of them in his life!

No comments: