Monday, November 4, 2013

Macaroni Retchless: Week 7

Written October 3
I am kind of all over the place with posts and keeping track of weeks. We aren't exactly sure when Baby was "made" so we are at the mercy of ultrasound measuring to date this little smudge.

We have had two ultrasounds thus far and apparently, so far, so good. Scott and I have both said we are just on edge about this pregnancy for some reason. With Noah, we were both on cloud nine, ready to shout it from the rooftops...but with this baby, we are feeling a little protective and nervous. This is pretty silly given that I had a completely healthy pregnancy with Noah and we got to see the heartbeat yesterday at the doctor. You would think we would be playing it cool this second time around, but unfortunately, we are just a bit edgy. Hopefully this will pass as Baby continues to grow and we continue to see good things at the doctor.
Doesn't look like much, but this smudge has a heartbeat!

Speaking of making this baby grow, I am doing everything I can to make sure it grows into a healthy little person. My doctor is a big fan of vitamins/supplements so I take what feels like a pharmacy of pills every night before bed. 
At least 7 per night. Plus two in the morning.
 As far as how I am feeling, you can find me curled up in the fetal position on the couch from about 5-7 daily. Let's talk about how inconvenient this is when you have an almost 2 year old running around! I still haven't actually been sick, but I feel like complete crap and the smell of food cooking is pretty awful. Once again, really fun this comes at dinner time for Noah! Baby #2 is already proving to be a very different pregnancy as I feel worse, but can't give in as much as I did with Noah. Being a mom is a full time job and there are no sick days. That said, I am pretty excited to be going to St. Louis for two weeks where my mom can take care of both of us ;-).

Other symptoms...how to say this delicately. I am backed up. Like more than I feel like is humanly possible. I have taken about 3 million Metamucil caplets which I am convinced work the opposite way they are supposed to.

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I was going to drag the Snoogle back out. Well, it has made a permanent home in our bed and I couldn't be happier. I don't need it right now, but I just sure do love it! I might not give it up after Baby makes an appearance. I have fondly started calling my side of the bed, "my nest". It is like a little fortress of pillows that makes for some amazing sleep. 

Other than all that fun, I feel pretty good. I am sleeping well and have a lot of energy when I am not convinced Baby is trying to kill me from the inside!

No comments: