Wednesday, June 22, 2011

20 weeks

OH, WE'RE HALF WAY THERE!!!!! 

Yep, Bon Jovi is playing on repeat in my head this week. 

How Far Along: 20 weeks. 

Size of Baby: 10 oz. and the length of a banana (see picture).
Total Weight Gain/Loss: No weigh in since week 12 so it is anyone’s guess. I am still hoping for around 10 pounds so far.

Maternity Clothes:  YES and they are GLORIOUS! My old pants still go on and most even still button but they are NOT comfortable. This week I went on a mission for some maternity shorts and ended up with a bag full of maternity wear. I may never go back to non-elastic waist pants ever again.

Movement: Yes! This baby has his dad's dance moves!

Symptoms: Zero. Zilch. Nada. Ok, so my legs and back left me hobbling by the end of the move but I don’t consider that a symptom since moving boxes and unpacking/organizing an entire house doesn’t really count as normal day-to-day activity.

What I Miss: Not too much this week. The usual suspects but nothing new to report.

Girl or Boy: In case you missed it in my last post, this little bean is a BOY. I have already sorted all of the hand me down clothes and envisioned the perfect boy nursery! 

Belly button In or Out: Innie

Stretch Marks: Nope. 

Cravings: No new cravings. I really feel pretty much like a normal person these days aside from normal pregnancy restrictions. 

Best Moment This Week: Seeing baby R at the doctor Friday. He was one cooperative little man and showed off all the right body parts as if he knew what we needed when. He did some fantastic posing for photos and even gave us a little thumbs up! 

Right now, he is tracking right.on.schedule for a Nov. 8 arrival. All of his measurements put him right at our originally calculated due date. If the ultra sound tech and doctor were handing out grades, Baby R would have received an A+. All of his body parts and functions were doing exactly what they were supposed to. From everything they can tell, we have one healthy little guy growing in there. 

It was a great day and led to a lot of relief. I don't think I was consciously worried about something being wrong but it is great to know that everything is as wonderful as it is. So now, we sit and wait 4.5 more months until we get to meet this little man. In the meantime, I am anxious for Scott to be able to feel him kicking. Hopefully soon!
20 weeks! I swear the bump looks double this size in person!
Sadly, the disk with all of baby R's pictures from the ultrasound doesn't seem to be working :-(. I got a lot of print outs that I will scan and post when I can. 

**If you haven't already read it, the post below is also new.

No comments: