Wednesday, October 5, 2011

35 weeks. 5 to go.

Well, here we are. 5 weeks away. Saturday actually marks one month until my due date, but since it falls on a Tuesday we are 5 weeks out...right. Details. I am really just desperate to get to 37 weeks as it marks full term and Baby R can make his appearance at any moment after that without concern. Of course, we want him to cook as long as he needs but come 37 weeks we will be at the ready! 

How Far Along: 35 weeks.

Size of Baby:5 and 1/2 lbs. + and 20 inches.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 21 lbs. If you are curious where one stores 21 lbs, please see below.
That would be week 35 next to week 6. In case you need help identifying where the 21 lbs are, I'll help you. It is pretty much the triple threat: belly, boobs & butt (sorry for saying butt on the blog, mom). I would say for the most part it has stayed out of my face and arms but I do feel slightly larger all around from time to time.
Maternity Clothes: I am pretty much living in anything stretchy and soft these days. Scott and I stopped into Gap over the weekend and I was literally drooling over all the comfy clothes. If it comes in a large and is soft it might as well be mine. That is all I want to wear and I am pretty ok doing just that.

Movement: Consistent strong movements. This little guy is taking no prisoners inside my body! I also got 100% confirmation that he is head down and there is only a 1% chance of him turning back around.

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks. I should note that I had absolutely no idea I was having these until I saw my doctor this week. I told her there were no signs and she said, "well, you just had one". Apparently laying down or standing up pretty much guarantees one will occur but I am 100% not feeling them. I'll take the MD's word for it.

As for any other symptoms...pretty much just take all the symptoms I have ever posted and roll them up into a pretty 35 week package! 

What I Miss: Meh, not much to report.

Girl or BoyBoy!

Baby name hint: It's one of the names that can be found by clicking here. Good luck and enjoy a few giggles on your way through the list! (While Nimrod was an early favorite, I can tell you we opted not to go with that!)

Belly button In or Out: Flat but it can occasionally pop depending on how I sit/stand or how Baby R is camping out.

Stretch Marks: Nope. 

Cravings: McDonald's Hi-C Orange Drink. I may or may not have had Scott make an abrupt left turn into the drive through so I could get my fix. I am pretty sure Baby R and I are still on a sugar high.
Best Moment This Week: My baby shower!! As I already posted it was a wonderful day and I feel much more ready for Baby R's arrival with all our new gear. Just a few more items to pick up at our convenience.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hi Steph,
I've been enjoying your blog and your pregnancy!
I have several papers that I use for Parents as Teachers that I would like to send you. Also, I would really love to help you with the baby....long distance. I'm pretty good with Skype. Even better on the phone! Seriously, I could do PAT "visits" on the phone with you any time you want. I don't want to bug you....but I hope you will feel free to ask. Or we could set up a schedule to touch base. Whatever way I can be helpful to you and Scott.
I'm really excited for you! I know Katie is chomping at the bit!
Could you send me your home address so I can send you these papers?
My email: debbiemyers2@gmail.com
Good luck....I hope you have an easy labor! And just a word of an experienced mama....there is no need to be a hero. Epidurals are the bomb!
Debbie