Monday, October 17, 2011

Nesting Update


Since I mentioned my nesting list in my last post I figured it might be time for an update. As I thought, a lot were crossed off, but I added plenty more. I have also done about a zillion things not on the list but in the interest of everyone's time I hit the highlights below.

  • Buy dimming light bulbs for Baby's room They don't work. not sure whether it is the fixture or wiring that is causing the issue)
  • Bank:
    • close checking account
    • fix pin #
  • Have termites treated (our house won't be tented or anything crazy, just some things found on our inspection that should be taken care of) We have decided to wait until spring on this one.
  • Clean gutters
  • I hired some pretty good looking help to clean the gutters :-)!
  • Nail grate back down on side of house
  • Buy new trash can 
  • Finish AP's pet insurance claim
  • Switch pomeranian pet insurance (VPI is a rip off)Still waiting on the claim to be processed before I can make any movement here.
  • Hair appt
  • Dentist appt
  • Dermatologist appt
  • Freeze Bar Method for when Baby R arrives
  • Reclaim old 401k
  • Buy nursing tanks
  • Buy nursing bras
  • Fix gutters so they drain further from the house
  • Have spare house keys made
  • Sharpen knives
  • Buy new welcome mat
  • Paint end table for Baby R's room
  • Finish packing hospital bag There are a few items on here (such as they computer I am using right now) that will be "grab on the way out of the house" items.
  • Buy remaining baby registry items
    • Make sure everything is ready to go for his arrival AT LEAST two weeks in advance just in case
  •  Install car seat Here's hoping this happens this week!
    • Have it "approved" by local fire dept
  • Have car tires rotated
  • Hang wedding present (bedroom?, living room?)
  • Finish 3 year book 
  • Make wedding album
  • Make honeymoon album
  • Pay Oct. bills
  • Pay Nov. bills
  • Have car brakes checked (they are squeaky)
  • Microchip pomeranians
  • Clean up iphoto
  • "wire" baby's room
    • monitor (ply wood)
    • sound machine
    • wipes warmer
    • lamp
  • Spray paint lamp
  • Alarm system
  • Clean up phone contacts
  • Unsubscribe from emails
  • Learn about white balance on my camera I learned about it but I don't think my new knowledge is going to do anything for my picture taking skills. I have determined I need a new lens and a lot of practice. The good news is I'll have something to take LOTS of pictures of soon :-).
  • Table lamp for baby's room
  • Initials on Baby R's bench
  • Order baby book 
  • Clean closets
  • Vacuum bags for ski clothes Bags have been purchased but I have been told I am not allowed to climb in the attic any more (until after Baby R arrives) so I can't actually put the clothes in the bags :-(.
  • Call electrician We have a handful of oddities that we need a professional to look at. Nothing urgent so it might wait but we will need to find someone eventually. 

No comments: