Friday, October 21, 2011

friday randoms

  • I feel like a caged animal. All of a sudden I want to go anywhere and everywhere. I decided this morning London seemed good (after seeing Pippa all cozy in a pea coat with a coffee...). I don't even like London! I'm sure it is the "don't look over there" phenomenon...you know, where as a result that is the only place you want to look. I can't travel so now I am craving it. 
  • Speaking of caged animals...
I have failed to mention this previously but I have been SUPER sensitive about animals throughout my pregnancy. For example, this Ohio lunatic who set all his animals free and killed himself has me 100% unable to watch the news or visit news websites (unless you count people.com). The images of the animals is pretty much more than I can handle.  And don't even get my started on the ASPCA commercials with Sarah McLaughlin singing...

I am sure most people feel the same way about this so I will give you another example...about 3 months ago I was driving to Ikea and saw a dog being led by animal control on one of those mean looking stick/harness leash things. The dog looked scared and like he was definitely a stray. Same week, I saw a cute little puppy being walked by a man who looked less than fit to be taking care of himself, much less a puppy, and was also walking with his boa constrictor draped over his shoulder. These images continue to pop into my head all too frequently and I just want to rescue and snuggle all those little beings. Even a squirrel that has been hit by a car makes me upset thinking about his little squirrel family.

It's a good thing the humane society is not nearby or we might have a gaggle of fur babies. In response to this insane sensitivity to all things animals I have been giving Lola and AP about a zillion extra snuggles and making sure to keep them safe and sound here at home! 

All this to say, with how I feel about random animals and my own fur babies I can't even begin to fathom what having a baby is going to be like. I DO know one thing though, this baby isn't going to have to guess whether his mom and dad love him! 

  • I am hoping we get to a pumpkin patch this weekend. Scott and I have carved pumpkins every year and I want to continue that tradition. It will be a no brainer next year with our little man around but we could easily write it off this year and just paint my belly as a place holder!
  • We made risotto from scratch last night! This was a first for both of us and it turned out DARN good. Pats on the backs for us!


  • My stroller. Oh, this is turning into a saga. I won't bore you with details but my first order has now been cancelled and I will be buying it from another retailer AND having it installed this afternoon.

  • I crossed off "get car tires rotated" from the nesting list this week AND Baby R's baby book arrived AND the hospital bag is ready.
Nesting is dangerous! My hands have taken a beating...at one point I think we were up to 3 band aids on a single hand plus a handful of misc. scratches you can't see in this pic.

  • Back to the dr today. Here's hoping it goes better than last week :-).
  • I am really enjoying the fall weather and I am disappointed it is supposed to get back up to 88 on Sunday :-(
  • I am 98% sure I want to sign up for the Napa to Sonoma half marathon in July. Any one done it before? Any feedback? Seems like a good "get back in fighting shape" plan just in case I need the kick in the pants post baby and holidays!

No comments: