- I feel like a caged animal. All of a sudden I want to go anywhere and everywhere. I decided this morning London seemed good (after seeing Pippa all cozy in a pea coat with a coffee...). I don't even like London! I'm sure it is the "don't look over there" phenomenon...you know, where as a result that is the only place you want to look. I can't travel so now I am craving it.
- Speaking of caged animals...
I am sure most people feel the same way about this so I will give you another example...about 3 months ago I was driving to Ikea and saw a dog being led by animal control on one of those mean looking stick/harness leash things. The dog looked scared and like he was definitely a stray. Same week, I saw a cute little puppy being walked by a man who looked less than fit to be taking care of himself, much less a puppy, and was also walking with his boa constrictor draped over his shoulder. These images continue to pop into my head all too frequently and I just want to rescue and snuggle all those little beings. Even a squirrel that has been hit by a car makes me upset thinking about his little squirrel family.
It's a good thing the humane society is not nearby or we might have a gaggle of fur babies. In response to this insane sensitivity to all things animals I have been giving Lola and AP about a zillion extra snuggles and making sure to keep them safe and sound here at home!
All this to say, with how I feel about random animals and my own fur babies I can't even begin to fathom what having a baby is going to be like. I DO know one thing though, this baby isn't going to have to guess whether his mom and dad love him!
- I am hoping we get to a pumpkin patch this weekend. Scott and I have carved pumpkins every year and I want to continue that tradition. It will be a no brainer next year with our little man around but we could easily write it off this year and just paint my belly as a place holder!
- We made risotto from scratch last night! This was a first for both of us and it turned out DARN good. Pats on the backs for us!
- My stroller. Oh, this is turning into a saga. I won't bore you with details but my first order has now been cancelled and I will be buying it from another retailer AND having it installed this afternoon.
- I crossed off "get car tires rotated" from the nesting list this week AND Baby R's baby book arrived AND the hospital bag is ready.
|Nesting is dangerous! My hands have taken a beating...at one point I think we were up to 3 band aids on a single hand plus a handful of misc. scratches you can't see in this pic.|
- Back to the dr today. Here's hoping it goes better than last week :-).
- I am really enjoying the fall weather and I am disappointed it is supposed to get back up to 88 on Sunday :-(
- I am 98% sure I want to sign up for the Napa to Sonoma half marathon in July. Any one done it before? Any feedback? Seems like a good "get back in fighting shape" plan just in case I need the kick in the pants post baby and holidays!