Tuesday, October 25, 2011

38 weeks. 2 to go.

How Far Along: 38 weeks.
Here's hoping there aren't many more of these purple shirted pictures!
Size of Baby: Big enough to be born! Hint, Hint Baby R! But really he is about 7 lbs and anywhere from 19-21 inches long. To reiterate...he is the size of a newborn!

Total Weight Gain: 22 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Yes and I am looking very forward to wearing my regular clothes again. I never bought a lot of maternity clothes since I can wear gym clothes 98% of the time thereby making me completely underwhelmed by my closet these days.

Movement: Yep. I officially freak if he doesn't move constantly though. I have become very paranoid that something is going to go wrong over the past couple weeks.  The doctor said I have a better chance of getting hit by a bus. Here's hoping neither happen :-). 

Also, he gets the hiccups at least once a day, often twice.

Symptoms: I have been diagnosed with the pregnant lady waddle. Even if I concentrate I can't really avoid walking like a penguin.

What I Miss: Going in the attic. There is some seriously good nesting that could be done up there! Organizing, finding holiday decorations, saving winter clothes from moths...it is like a pregnant/OCD person's dream.

Girl or BoyBoy!

Baby name hint: 
“O captain! My Captain!
Our fearful trip is done.
The ship has weather'd every wrack
The prize we sought is won
The port is near, the bells I hear
The people all exulting
While follow eyes, the steady keel
The vessel grim and daring
But Heart! Heart! Heart!
O the bleeding drops of red
Where on the deck my captain lies
Fallen cold and dead. ” 


Belly button In or Out: Sometimes in, sometimes out. Just depends on the moment.

Stretch Marks: Nope. 

Cravings: Nothing. As a matter of fact I am little indifferent to food at the moment. 50% of the time it just makes me feel nauseous to eat. 

Best Moment This Week: Learning that I am 1cm dilated and 25% effaced! While this by no means indicates that labor is imminent it is a nice reassurance that my body knows it is time to start thinking about letting this little guy meet the world. We sure are ready to meet him! 

AND, bonus best moment of the week...we are the proud owners of a stroller. We can now bring Baby R home safe and sound (and stop saying hello to an empty stroller in our living room).  


No comments: