Thursday, April 2, 2009

Scotland!

As much fun as I am sure you are having reading about every detail of this trip, I am going to do a much better job of highlighting the trip from here on out!  

Scotland is amazing!  The moment we arrived I knew I liked it better than London.  It was great to see all of the attractions in London but I would not plan another trip back.  Scotland on the other hand I would revisit in a heart beat!  

Scotland is full of castles, palaces, distilleries (Scotch), sheep, lochs, and pubs (among other things).  

I think I will tell Scotland in photos (sorry, Erin!)

Our first pub visit in Edinburgh.  This little guy was there with his owner.  I bet Lola sure would enjoy being allowed to come to the bar with me!
mmmmmmm
cheers!
Cynth and mom

From the pub we journeyed to the Royal Mile (in search of more pubs).  The Royal Mile runs from Edinburgh Castle to Holyrood Abbey and is full of cheesy tourist stops and pubs!

Upon arriving we found this bagpiper.  While he was clearly there to get tips and entertain it was really neat to hear him play!  I don't think the pipes are an easy instrument to master!

Speaking of music, after a little dinner we went in search of some traditional Scottish pub music.  Well, we found a gem!  According to Cayce, she found heaven (I am pretty sure Lindsay would agree).  THE ROYAL OAK!  It deserves a post of it's own...

No comments: