Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Family Fun

I am going to skip my Saturday recap for the next post and focus on the family events we had this weekend first.

Friday after work we jumped in the car and headed up to Twain Harte.  It was my first visit during the summer and it was definitely different!  Twain Harte in the winter seems very sleepy and snuggly (for lack of a better description).  It is great to just head up and bundle up in the warm house and visit with family.  

Well, summer in Twain Harte is much different!  The town has officially come alive and it has a completely different feel, mind you, just as great.  Twain Harte gets HOT in the summer and we got a glimpse of that while we were there.  Hanging out on the deck, enjoying the fresh mountain air was perfect.  We also got to enjoy dinner outside at The Rock (GREAT chicken sandwich).  

The next morning we set out for a run.  Well, that pretty much sucked!  Sorry, but it did.  Apparently my 7 years at altitude did me no good since running at 3,000 ft almost killed me.  I got to check out the 9 hole golf course, putt putt course, and the infamous lake.  It all looks like great fun and I can't wait to get back up there and take full advantage of the town.  Did I mention I ran in shorts and a sports bra at 10am?!  It was great-felt like being back in a place that actually HAS summer!  

Sunday we headed down to Redwood City for Scott's brother Marc's 40th birthday celebration. This was also the first time I got to meet Marc.  It was a really special day and I am glad I got to be there to help Marc ring in the big 4-0!  Plus, it was great to see all of Scott's other brothers and sisters (have I mentioned he is 1 of 7?) and catch up with them (although we missed having Jim there).  

Marc and Scott were pretty much inseparable (or so it sounds) when they were kiddos!  I love this picture of the two of them.  Doesn't Scott look like a mini Fonzie?!

It was a great two days.  I am very fortunate to have such great family to spend time with and get to know.  I look forward to much more time with the Retchless clan!  

No comments: